Chimney Fire in Norfolk
NORFOLK - Chimney buildup is blamed for a fire that damaged a Norfolk home early Tuesday. Norfolk fire inspector Dan Nelson says the Fire Division was dispatched to a chimney fire at a home on the 200-block of East Eisenhower Ave. at about 12:45 Tuesday morning. Nelson says flames and sparks could be seen from the chimney of a wood burning stove in the basement. Nelson says crews were able to contain the fire to the chimney, and had it controlled in about 40 minutes. No one was injured. About $2000 worth of damage to the home is estimated.