Go Red Challenge Week 4
Build a Better TeamU Support Group
Just because you aren’t a part of the Better U group – that doesn’t mean you have to go this alone. There may already be people in your life that are your support you. It’s helpful to identify them (and thank them for helping you.)
Types of Support:
- Informational – Provide helpful information and suggestions on health, nutrition and physical activity
- Emotional – Motive and encourage you to keep going on the road to heart health
- Participant – Perform activities with you
- Logistics – Handle practical assistance like childcare, transportation or other tasks so you can make time for yourself.
Dietitian Joan Davis shared a great article called “De-Stress in 3 Minutes or Less.” It focused on getting your emotional eating under control before it controls you:
- Minute 1: Stay Grounded
- Minute 2: Reality Check
- Minute 3: Putting Things in Perspective
At Tuesday night’s meeting we also did a healthy recipe exchange. Here are the recipes that were shared by members of the group. Enjoy!